eSports Gateway (www.esports-gateway.com) is a startup and a gaming tournament platform which hosts daily online competitions as well as larger Live events for the most popular PC and Console games.
Our vision is to become one of the largest eSports tournament platforms in the world, one through which any gamer can taste the pro competitive scene and win daily cash and digital prizes. We aim to become the no.1 alternative to all in-game Ranked Ladders for the most popular games – the alternative that actually rewards players for their gaming experience.
As we are expanding quickly, we are looking to recruit 2 Junior Business Managers (JBM) to work directly hand-to-hand with the Founders and Directors of eSports Gateway. One JBM shall be assigned to the Europe region, one to the US region. Please note that this is an online company and therefore the job will be online.
What you’ll get
- Entry position into the gaming & esports industry, and a stepping stone to higher roles and organizations
- First-hand experience in working in a startup
- Work closely with the Founders and Directors, meaning a fantastic opportunity to learn
- Work on a wide variety of challenging tasks and get a wide business exposure
- Steep learning curve
- Get a well-rounded experience by working in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Work on a variety of tasks to help you quickly develop: solid analytical & creative capabilities as well as your commercial & communication skills
- Entrepreneurial freedom – come up with creative solutions to complex problems and lead your own projects
- Get hands-on responsibility from day 1
- Work online from anywhere in the world with a flexible schedule
Examples of tasks and responsibilities
- Market research e.g. on latest gaming trends, come up with recommendations on what game we should implement and why, then lead your own project!
- Data analysis & statistics on our tournaments, participants, prizes etc.
- Develop brief presentations and recommendations on key strategic business objectives and next steps
- Social Media Marketing e.g. develop smart online campaigns or come up with creative & engaging posts
- Create, manage and supervise your own online tournaments
- Coordinate our small team of Admins & develop your leadership skills
- Be our Discord community manager – engage with players, create an awesome environment and build the community
- Find and build partnerships with online collaborators, streamers, content creators
- Help in building business proposals and pitch decks to Increase Subscription sales and find new sponsors
- Work directly with the Founders in strategy-building exercises that directly impact and steer the entire organization
What we’re looking for
- Solid educational background – proven track record of good GPA and preferably enrolled in University
- Passion for gaming and knowledge of most popular games by large developers e.g. Blizzard, Valve, Nintendo, Riot, EA
- Good communication & interpersonal capabilities, as well as a passion for working with people
- Strong command of written and spoken English
- Ability to work with numbers and develop graphs / statistics
- Analytical capabilities and ability to draw logical conclusions from numbers and graphs
- Strategic vision and ability to think outside the box
- Strong ability to learn fast and think on their feet
- Basic use of Microsoft Office – Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Available Monday – Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 18:00 p.m. EET (for Europe applicants) and from 10:00 a.m. to 18:00 p.m. NYC time (for US applicants). Some time schedule exceptions may be granted – we are flexible!
- No previous work experience is required – although other internships in this area are a plus
Please note: since we are a young company, we are unable to offer paid compensation. However, besides the numerous advantages of the working experience, you will get numerous benefits on our platform as well as a written official certificate and recommendation at the end of your internship drafted by eSports Gateway.
Send your CV to: [email protected]
Write the cover letter in the body of the email.